'GET READY' THIS STORM SEASON
Are you prepared this storm and cyclone season?
Australia is a beautiful and vast country but it does have a brutal side, it’s that time of year again. Storms and cyclones can produce hail, flooding rains, lightning and strong winds; all of which can pose a serious threat to your home and family. It pays to be prepared.
Check and Update:
- Emergency Plan
- Evacuation plan & meeting point
- List important details – e.g. emergency and related phone numbers, relatives and friends, insurance provider etc.
- Tune into warnings and updates
- Emergency Kit
- Food & Water – non-perishable foods and bottled water
- Medical Sanitation – first aid kit, essential medication and prescriptions etc
- Light & Communications – torches, lanterns and radio with extra batteries
- Clothing & Footwear – warm clothing, waterproof jacket and closed in shoes
- Pet – food, water and other animal needs
Ensuring that the contents of your kits are up to date and in working order is essential. When a natural disaster strikes there is often not much time to act. Having these things prepared is invaluable.
For more information and tips check out this link